Monday, October 26, 2015

Baked Bloomin Apple Recipe

If your a Facebook user, you have probably seen this video recipe from Tip Hero in your newsfeed several times in the last few weeks:

 Baked-Bloomin-Apples

I love the recipes that include short videos that show you exactly how its done.  Of course, they always make it look so darn easy while I struggle and end up with something that doesn't even look close to what they created.  This recipe had my middle child's name all over it because he loves Outback and Apples so I decided to give it a try.   It looks like the original recipe came from The Gunny Sack, so if you don't think you need the video tutorial, you can check it out there as well. 


My alterations: I used Honeycrisp apples, dairy free butter and coconut flour and then topped it with dairy free ice cream.


Here is a photo of what I ended up with:



 

Not quite as visually impressive as what they have over at The Gunny Sack, but when I took my first bite, I actually said "OMG".  It was that good.  And thankfully, the recipe only makes two apples because if there had been six, I would have eaten six.  Its perfect for a Saturday night treat and you won't be stuck eating it for 3 days like most dessert recipes that are made to feed an army.  My apple and Outback loving child has decided it would be better with Granny Smith apples so we will be trying that next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment