Sunday, March 2, 2014

Dollar Store Crafts

I love the Dollar Store.  Its one of my favorite places to visit.  I picked up some 8 X 10 frames on one of my recent visits and decided to try and fix them up a bit.  So here is what I started with...

The frame, some black foam board (also from Dollar Tree), some black chain, fabric, brads or decorative pins and the command hooks, which I actually ended up not using.  

I covered the foam board with the fabric using spray adhesive or whatever glue I had handy, removed the glass from the frame, attached the chain using the lil hooks on the back of the frame.  Attach the photo (5 X 7) using the pins.  Voila.  I have a frame that I can easily change the picture on anytime I want.   Its super light since I took the glass out and the most expensive part was the fabric.









I made two more for the other boys and hope to do one for lil girl soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment