Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Recipe of the Week - Paleo Chocolate Chip, Coconut, and Almond Flour Cookies

Im so in love with these cookies and I was so excited to share them... Ive made them at least 3 times in the last month and I usually double the recipe and freeze half.  Since the recipe had no nutritional information listed I used an online calculator to figure out the numbers and boy am I glad I did!!!  These are definitely good but they are not what I would call diet friendly.  Guess I really should have known that based on the ingredients but Im honestly not that familiar with the Paleo diet and I made assumptions that were clearly wrong.  I even had the recipe listed under my weight watchers recipes on Pinterest.  So why am I still sharing it?  #1 because I really do like them and they do have healthy-ish/natural ingredients and #2, the recipe calls for 8 pretty large cookies, so Im thinking of making 16 smaller ones which would bring the calories down some and #3, not everyone has a big butt they are trying to make smaller for summer, so high calories or not, this may be perfect for someone.  

Here is the nutritional calculations I got when I entered the ingredients.  It does note that the cookies are low in cholesterol, but they are high in saturated fat. 




Recipe can be found http://www.healthyfoodforliving.com  The only change I made was I used mini chocolate chips and I usually use a lil less than 1/2 cup - Im not a big chocolate fan and that just works better for me.  



No comments:

Post a Comment