Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Race Bib Display

I am sooooo not a racer.  But a friend introduced me to Couch to 5K awhile back and I gave it a shot.  It was a lot of fun in the beginning and I was so proud of myself.  Then it got hard.  HaHa.  But I stuck with it and before I knew it, I was running a 5K on the treadmill.  I have not been as successful running outside but I did attempt my first 5K in March and my 2nd in April.  After my 1st race, I was going to throw away my bib and the Hubs said "you have to save that, it's your first race".  Which got me thinking... do people save them and what do they do with them?  So of course I checked Pinterest and found lots of ways to display them and some of them were really cute.  I decided to make a display for my friend and her husband.  And, since I am now kinda, sorta, maybe hooked, one for me too.  I started with a plain piece of wood I picked up at Michaels, along with some paint.  I printed out some vinyl using my Silhouette to use on each board. I went with Peace Love Run for mine.  And His and Her races for their boards.  I used the vinyl as a reverse stencil - painted the colors I wanted to show up first, put the vinyl down, and painted the top coat over that.  Then removed the vinyl. 



This was my first attempt at the reverse stencil technique and they are not perfect, but Im pretty happy with them.   With the boards and paint, I spent maybe $10-15.00 and was able to make 3 and I still have some leftover paint.  My husband helped me attach the hooks, and I put some extra at the bottom for medals - I don't expect to win any but I know my friends have a few. 


I hung mine by my treadmill for motivation. 


No comments:

Post a Comment