Sunday, October 18, 2015

Hawaiian Turkey Burgers

Since my youngest and I have gone gluten and dairy free, one my favorite recipe blogs is Danielle Walker's Against All Grain .   We have tried several of her recipes and most of them have been huge hits with the entire family, and these Hawaiian Turkey Burgers are definitely one of our favorites so far.  Even my pickiest eater ate two.   You can find her recipe here:
Hawaiian Turkey Burgers

I didn't make any alterations to the recipe (another reason I love her site so much).  I used canned pineapple juice and marinated for about 30-40 minutes.  The burgers were very soft so we started out grilling them on some aluminum foil before moving them to the grill once they had binded well enough.  Here is the final result:



You can see I went a little overboard with the Ninja while I pulsed my salsa, hers is so much chunkier and pretty.  I was honestly a little undecided about the salsa initially... I think next time I may add less fresh basil, but the salsa really did finish off the burger nicely and I don't recommend skipping it.

I served mine on top of some Jasmine rice, but if your not gluten free, then go for a a big ole gluten filled burger bun.   I think the Hubs even slapped some pepperjack cheese on his.  

Paleo, Whole 30 and Vegan recipes are also featured on her website, and she has multiple cookbooks available on Amazon.  Check her out and keep an eye out because I will be featuring more of her recipes in upcoming posts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment