Saturday, March 15, 2014

DIY Personalized Pennant

I saw the cutest little personalized pennants at P.B. and thought they would be so cute in our basement, which we call The Dugout.  Unfortunately, they were very expensive.  So I decided to see how the Silhouette does at cutting fabric.  I ordered my fabric blade from Amazon and some black pennants from Hobby Lobby (1.99 for a 2 pack).  For my fabric, I wanted to try and keep the cost down so I went with fabric quarters from the fabric store.  They are 18" X 21" and were more than enough for this project.  They average $1.00-$2.00 each.  For the Hubs pennant, I went with a good ole bandana from the dollar store.  The first one I did was for our Lil 4-Legged Girl.  


I cut the letters out with the Silhouette.  I swear that machine is AMAZING.  I did go through my blade quite quickly though, and had to use a 2nd one for the last few letters.  I used an extra scrap of fabric for the end piece.  Here is Lil Girls all done.  


 And here is the whole family done and ready to hang.  
Not too shabby.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment