Friday, March 14, 2014

FUN Photo Craft

I should have called this dollar store crafts as well because this was another super cheap project and I was actually really happy with the way to turned out.  Yeah Me!!! 

This one started with some paper mache letters that I got on sale at Hobby Lobby for 50% off which worked out to somewhere around $1.50 each.  Not bad especially since I was only using 3 letters... FUN.  I was originally planning to do the word EAT for the kitchen with coins - you've seen that on Pinterest right, so cute but changed my mind at the last minute.  So I got the letters, spray painted with with a silver spray paint and then tried to decide what I wanted to decorate them with.  




I finally decided on family photos.  Family is fun.  Now here is where it gets a little more technical.. I used Adobe Photoshop, scanned each letter in so I would have the correct size, and then just added a bunch of fun family photos within Photoshop. It took some sizing, some shifting, some time... then I printed out each letter.  I just used regular paper because I didn't have any photo paper at the time.  I cut them out, trimmed them where needed and mod podged them on the top of the letters.  It worked great.  Now if you don't have Photoshop or some other type of graphic software, you could also print mini photos and cut and size them as well.  I hung them on the wall in the basement - they are so light I only needed to use poster mount squares to hold them, and cut a big family vinyl with the Silhouette - have I mentioned how much I love that thing?  Here's the final product:
Even the teen took the time to look up from his video game and say "cool" so I'd have to say this project was a success. 


No comments:

Post a Comment